Wednesday 9 May 2012

Heading into deeper woolly waters...

Greetings all!

For a while now I have been dipping into the field of knitting, crocheting and sewing and felt it was finally time to start a blog. My aim is to record my woolly creations and upload posts on useful sites and Youtube videos to use to help you get to grips with beginners wool craft or sewing, and towards more advanced work, as I learn too!

This is my latest piece of work

Christmas stockings for my University house next year, either with or without the initials of your house mates. They are a great little decoration. Very easy to knit if you can increase and decrease and knit both stocking stitch and garter stitch. I will post my recommended videos to learn these skills in a later post.

The pattern is available on a great site called Ravelry, which is a knitters pattern bible. It has tons of free and pay to download patterns that you can download to PDF and you can create online library to keep them safe. You must make a user account but I really recommend any budding knitter or crocheter to join, its free and the possibilities are endless - you can even post your own patterns!

Here is the URL for you: 

Enjoy ! x x

No comments:

Post a Comment