Thursday 10 May 2012

I heart my new Love Bookmark

Afternoon knitters,

Yesterday I showed you the stockings that I have started to make ready for the uni house Christmas tree - in May I know, but they are a great alternative to revision. They are a excellent decoration and gift, ideal for putting treats in!

Today I've been working on a heart decoration or bookmark. It is a combination of knitting for the main body of the heart and picot crochet edging. I found this quite a challenge. I used YouTube to find out how to wrap and turn, Slip Slip Stitch and how to Picot an edge. I had a go at wet blocking but I don't really have the facilities to do that here so it doesn't quite work.

This is what I ended up with...

This great pattern is called Love Bookmark and it is by Ike Keidi Ang.
It can be found on

You can use this heart for anything! Over the summer I plan to make a chain of these to hang up as a room decoration as a alternative to fairy lights.

This is an excellent video to show you how to wrap and turn - a technique I had not come across before.



This is also a great video to learn how to picot an edge, which is useful for a range of patterns not just this one!


Hope you find this useful! x x






No comments:

Post a Comment