Tuesday 15 May 2012

Casting away on a new adventure...

Lunchbreak!

Hi everyone, so yesturday I explained how you decrease and increased on your work. Today, the last of my run through of the basic knitting essentials is casting off. It is relatively simple, and means you can neatly take your work off the needle.
Casting off tutorial: 

So there you go, all the skills you need to complete basic knitting patterns. You can find a wide range of patterns on Ravelry at 

Last night I attempted my first cable knit. I found the instructions on:
It was a great start into the world of cable knitting, that I have been so keen to avoid for a while now.

But over the summer I am going to widen my knitting knowledge and attempt larger and more complex patterns so that I can make more.
  
This is how my attempt went:
So now that I have gave it ago, and it worked, I'm going to give it a go on some larger projects - so watch this space.

If you would like to put my cable attempt to shame then send your pictures of your cabled patterns to:
lauramariebennett@hotmail.co.uk

Have a great afternoon! X x

No comments:

Post a Comment