Wednesday 16 May 2012

From Heart Bookmarks to Heart Coasters...



Evening all,

As I have left all my knitting needles at university I haven't been able to make the fingerless gloves I've been wanting to make.
  BUT I did find a really cute heart coaster pattern on Ravelry. It's fairly easy to make and knits up very fast.
  You will need 2.75mm needles.
  Here is my coaster, I didn't use the proper wool, but I think it looks just as nice with normal double knit.
The pattern is free and is provided by Megan Delorme 
It is available at 

On another note, I have noticed recently how expensive wool has got.
At most independent wool stores a normal  ball of double knit can cost over £3.00, knitting is no longer a cheap hobby. - But then again has it ever?
Wool is available at a cheaper price at discount stores however I personally find the quality to be far from that of wool brought from solely wool selling shops.
Clothes handmade using wool brought from wool shops are still far cheaper than buying them from clothes shops. But it is safe to say the wool brought to make a jumper can be anything up to £20 in itself, but you get a damn good jumper for £20 wool.

Whatever the reason for the price rise, I urge people to support your local wool shop and not go to discount chain stores just because the wools cheap. Wool shops sell very good quality wool at a price that is going to ensure their presence on the high street - a difficult task in the double dip recession we are currently in.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL WOOL SHOP!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment