Tuesday 12 November 2013

Wee Beasties

On a recent trip to Scotland a bat flew out of the curtains at one of the hotels we stayed in. My sister flew into the ensuite screaming and then shouted to me "Laura get my phone!" - of all things.
The bat was flying round in circles and I went to the reception to get the owner of the hotel. When we got back to the room the bat was mysteriously gone, and the owner had thought we'd gone batty. Then, it flew out again and the owner caught it with his fishing net and took it outside, and told us later in the hotel bar...
 "I caught the wee beastie."

Our road trip around Scotland was brilliant, and every time I look at this book, I cant help but remember that story.




I cant help but love this book. So ok the actual items aren't useful - (like a knitted blue tit isn't going to keep you warm when waiting for a bus on a frosty morning) but still.

Its jam packed with little creative ideas to keep you busy all through the winter months. So when there's no flowers or leaves on the trees, you can knit some to make you feel better.
My particular favourite is the strawberry- it looks so good!

75 birds, butterflies & beautiful beasties to knit and crochet by Lesley Stanfield RRP £10.99 www.searchpress.com

Off to shorthand now :)
If there's anything you want me to cover, contact me at
lauramariebennett@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment